Flat Caught Fire in a Block-of-Flats in Kecskemét – One Person Died


Fire broke out on Sunday afternoon (10th October) at about 1:00 pm in Kecskemét, in Reile Géza Street – the disaster management reported.


All the rooms in the ninth-floor apartment of the ten-story block-of-flats were on fire and the living room was completely burnt out. Firefighters arrived at the scene from Kecskemét and Kiskunfélegyháza. Twenty-two firefighters extinguished the fire with a total of six vehicles. Firefighters rescued two small dogs from the burning apartment, and a corpse was found while extinguishing the living room. The fire was extinguished in just a quarter of an hour. As the smoke affected the stairwell and several apartments, forty-four residents were escorted out of the building.


There was also smoke in the apartment above the burned-out flat, from which a cat was rescued. The rescued animals had no injuries, the dogs were handed over to friends. The exact location and cause of the fire is investigated by the disaster management. 




Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *